Jun 23rd, 2008, in IM Posts, by Patung
Bibit–Rustriningsih's win in Central Java continues PDI-P domination, with the PKS a distant third.
Early results for the Central Java governor's election:
- Bibit–Rustriningsih (PDI Perjuangan) about 43%
- Bambang Sadono-Muhammad Adnan (Golkar (& NU)) 23%
- Sukawi Sutarip-Sudharto (PKS & PD) 15%
- Muhammad Tamzil-Abdul Rozaq Raiz (PPP & PAN) 12%
- Agus Soeyitno-Abdul Kholiq Arif (PKB) 7%
Turnout was in the range of 55-65%.
One analyst puts the Bibit–Rustriningsih victory down to the continued dominance of "abangan" nationalist-military feeling in Central Java, and the weak performance of the PKS down to the idea that Islamisation has largely only occurred in some towns in the province, and has not filtered through to village areas properly.
Sukawi Sutarip-Sudharto of the PKS/PD did not even manage to beat the PDI candidates in Sukawi's home district of Wonotingal, Candisari, Semarang.
Another analyst says the PDI machine in the province remains the most effective, while others raised the likely related suggestion that bribing of voters played some role.