Yusuf Lakaseng

Jan 18th, 2007, in News, by

PBR leader Yusuf Lakaseng has been reported to the police for blasphemy against Islam by Zaenal Ma'arif.

Zaenal Ma'arif, the one of the chairman of the Indonesian parliament, was expelled from the Partai Bintang Reformasi (PBR) on 8th January 2007 due to the fact that he had, in late December 2006, took a second wife and thereby become polygamous (see Zaenal Maarif). The expulsion of Zaenal from the Partai Bintang Reformasi was likely based on two factors: fear in the party that his very public polygamy would lose the PBR female votes at the next election, and, Zaenal's enemies using the matter as an excuse to get rid of him and advance themselves.

Whatever the case the matter looks likely to become a protracted dispute, being fought out in the courts, and on the floor of the parliament (PBR members recently walked out in protest as Zaenal chaired a session of parliament).

On the 17th Zaenal, in company with representatives of a few small Islamic organisations, such as the ewan Dakwah Islamiyah Indonesia and Hizbullah, visited the central Jakarta police station to report the deputy secretary general of the PBR, Yusuf Lakaseng, as having committed blasphemy against Islam, by his opposition to Zaenal having taken another wife.

Zaenal says that Yusuf plans to dismiss all PBR officials across the country who are polygamous and that this move is insulting to Muslims, the Quran, and Islam, given that polygamy is a legitimate practice within religion.

Yusuf Lakaseng was formerly a leader of the left-wing Partai Rakyat Demokratik (PRD) and Zaenal also worries that he is bent on making the PBR a socialist Islamic party rather than just an Islamic one. vhr

Previously at the State Courthouse of South Jakarta, Bursah Zarnubi, another senior PBR leader, was also reported to the police over the same matter by representatives of some Muslim groups, but Zaenal denies being behind this. detik

139 Comments on “Yusuf Lakaseng”

1. avatar Cukurungan says:

Mercy,

Come on you must be kidding how come I am only a human being should take example from God who creator of human being and capable for every thing.

Therefore I love to remind you once again please use your logical God Given. Is JSW really exist. Sorry, I would say that JSW is never happened and it was likely inserted in Bible by Bad Priest to satisfy his desire.

Of course we can be friend to anyone whatever their believe is as long as we trust each other of their goods intention.

Anyway, you’re also in my pray list so once day God will guide you with His hidayah.

Regards,
    Your Friend

2. avatar Grace and Mercy says:

Therefore I love to remind you once again please use your logical God Given. Is JSW really exist. Sorry, I would say that JSW is never happened and it was likely inserted in Bibble by Bad Priest to satisfy his desire.

You are completely entitled to your opinion bro Cuk! 🙂

3. avatar sgn says:

Cukurungan Says:

I am neither a priest, nor a pastor, nor son of priest/pastor. I am just an ordinary person.

My logical thinking:

1. If Bad Priests wanted to satify their desires, why they needed to insert the story about Jesus died in the cross and made Jesus great. Why they did not insert sentences like “all Priests are holymen, listen only to them” and inserted not to one book, to all books (or most of books).

2. If the story of Jesus died in the cross was inserted by bad priests, why the story is still alive until now.

3. If the story of Jesus died in the cross has no meaning, why people (like Madam Teresa) wanted to surrender their live to serve and follow Jesus.

4. If the story of Jesus died in the cross has no meaning, why people received his grace and blessing (Just a small example as what shown in “Solusi” http://www.jawaban.com)

5. etc.

sgn

4. avatar Julita says:

Folks, good discussion, my compliments to you.
    It takes so much time so I am slow but there questions which I asked and not answered so this is kind a one sided, no?
    We’ll talk, till then chao.

5. avatar Cukurungan says:

SGN,

What your opinion about mahabarata and ramayana stories, my opinion both stories more enligthment and live much longer than JSW stories. There are billions people who their live inspired with both stories but the remaining question. It does the stories ever happened in this real word. might be yes for some part but much of them just was exaggerated in the shake of entertaiment.

Every Christian aware what the reason behind rebellion of Martin Luther that power is tend to corrupt. It just that simple reasoning because the concept of JSW was the nice slices for the priest who took benefit by selling God forgiveness, etc etc.

I also love to reminded you again that if you made wrong choice and mine is correct, your fate will be end-up in the hellfire. But if you’re correct and mine wrong my risk just only death and I love it.

Regard,
    Myths Buster

6. avatar Mohammed Khafi says:

Julita,

Sorry about your unanswered questions Julita, I have looked through the comments and can find none directed to me, I think you asked some rhetorical question of another commenter, I will let him answer those if you don’t mind, however you also asked generally:

If I may, how did the Qur’an came about. How do we know it is God’s message? Can anybody just make another book on and on? How did Mohammed get his messages?.

I don’t think this question was posed to anybody in particular but I will try to answer as best I can.

How did it come about, well Al Quran says that Angel Gabriel placed Al Quran into the Prophets Heart by God’s Will. How do we know it is Gods message, well I could simply say it is a Matter of Faith, or because God in Al Quran says it is, but that would be self reference which is pointless.

My take on the matter is, God in Al Quran gives us a number of challanges to prove authorship, such as “If it were from Other than God, within it you would find many contradictions”. He also challenges anybody to produce something like it:

Say, “If all the humans and all the jinns banded together in order to produce a Quran like this, they could never produce anything like it, no matter how much assistance they lent one another.” 17:88

If you have any doubt regarding what we revealed to our servant, then produce one sura like these, and call upon your own witnesses against GOD, if you are truthful. 2:23

This Quran could not possibly be authored by other than GOD. It confirms all previous messages, and provides a fully detailed scripture. It is infallible, for it comes from the Lord of the universe. If they say, “He fabricated it,”
    say, “Then produce one sura like these, and invite whomever you wish, other than GOD, if you are truthful.” 10:37-38

If they say, “He fabricated (the Quran),” tell them, “Then produce ten suras like these, fabricated, and invite whomever you can, other than GOD, if you are truthful.” 11:13

Do they say, “He made it all up?” Instead, they are simply disbelievers. Let them produce a Hadith like this, if they are truthful. 52:33-34

God In Al Quran challenges people to prove that Al Quran is not from him rather that just telling us it is.

For me the inclusivity of Al Quran, with the fact that nobody is excluded from Heaven as long as they believe in God, the Day of Judgement, and are good people is another reason that I believe it is from God. It is the only Scripture from the Abrahamic faiths which opens a door for all the believers to walk through. I realise that this is still a problem for some Christians as you believe that Jesus is part of the Trinity, and God in Al Quran clearly states that he needs no partners. But as I tried to explain to Grace and Mercy, if you actually believe that Jesus is God incarnate that condition may not apply to Christians, I don’t really know because from an Islamic viewpoint Jesus was a Prophet not part of God. I guess we will only know on the Day of Judgement.

Another question springs to mind after writing this, how do you feel about Nontrinitarian Christians, from your point of view do they go to hell with the Jews and the Muslims, or have they attained salvation just by following Jesus’s teachings and God?

Peace

7. avatar Julita says:

Mohammed Khafi.
    No, I did not direct my questions to you, though I am grateful for your eloberate reply and hopefully I will understand more once I go over it and do my reasoning.
    I still have some answers and questions but I still have to find the time.
    Very good, quality discussion going on. Thanks again.

8. avatar Cukurungan says:

Julita,

Sorry, I might not answered all question directed to me but not because I was ignoring your question rather I was just respect to your final opinion in an effort to maintain healthy discussion.

However if there was remaining your question directed to me and goes un-answered just let me know and I will reply it as long as I know.

regards,
    Myths Buster

9. avatar Julita says:

Thanks, I start reading the web and encyclopedia. Yes, kind a confusing. Though I am having a house blessing today so you can umagine I am busy. I’ll get back if I get the chance. Ciao.

10. avatar sgn says:

What your opinion about mahabarata and ramayana stories.

There are great stories, especially Mahabarath, I watched it twice. It revealed that some Indonesians have been trying to manipulate the stories. The “wayang” stories – those when I was very young listened almost every weekend – were all manipulated.

The same, I watched “Sidhartha Gautama” and the “Messenger” (Wahyu Ilahi) twice, each.

It was correct that at that time, some church leaders was selling the “God forgiveness”. Which it was totally wrong. For that reason, Luther (and Calvin, and Zwingly) wanted to re-state that “God forgiveness” is a free gift for those who believe in Jesus.

Don’t be mistaken, I am not follower of Luther, Calvin, Zwingly, or others. I am a Jesus follower. Jesus is my Lord, my God, my King, my Reedemer, my Teacher and my Friend.

I would love both of us meeting in heaven.

God loves us.

sgn
    – an ordinary man –

11. avatar Cukurungan says:

SGN,

Many thanks for your kindly replied, I do hope both of us become neighbors in the heaven estate.

I just would like to inform you that Cukurungan will be back to his Amungme tribes in valley mountains of Jayapuru.

Regards,
    Myths Buster

12. avatar Grace and Mercy says:

I thought my post is over in this particular article, but it is extremely indulging.

Bro MK I want to ask you out of humility to explain:

You said:

But you also quoted the Quran saying:

If it confirms previous message, should then the Islamic viewpoint to Jesus would be the same as to the Christian viewpoint? Because this Christian viewpoint has been the viewpoint that was there before Islam came around 600 AD (forgive me if my dates are not accurate, I am not, as I have said, an expert on Islam.

Also, the verses you said that the verses you quoted act as a challenge to humankind from Allah. But after reading it, to me it sounded like self reference like you said in the earlier sentence because it commands a person to provide a 10 “letters” like it. It sounded to me like the Quran is defending it self rather than asking humans to challenge it.

how do you feel about Nontrinitarian Christians

There is a Oneness movement among the Pentacostals. I may have some disagreement with the way they see things, but the bottomline silver lining that still connects us is that Jesus Christ it the way to salvation. So in my eyes they are my brothers and sisters in the faith.

13. avatar sgn says:

Hi Cukurungan,

I do hope both of us become neighbors in the heaven estate.

That will be great.
    There, we can ask God for questions we have not yet gotten the answers.

That will be a very long journey.
    I will be out of country next week.

I would like to close our discussion at this point, and let me say sorry if my answers did not make you satisfy. We may have another discussion in the near future.

God bless you. God bless your tribe, too.

Warm regards,
    sgn

14. avatar Mohammed Khafi says:

Hi Grace and Mercy,

You asked:

The Islamic viewpoint is based on the fact that God in Al Quran says that Jesus was a Prophet and not a God or part of God. This also seems to have been the accepted thinking of many early Christians:

The Trinitarian view was only affirmed as an article of faith by the Nicene (325/381) and Athanasian creeds (circa 500), which attempted to standardize belief in the face of disagreements on the subject. These creeds were formulated and ratified by the Church of the third and fourth centuries in reaction to heterodox theologies concerning the Trinity and/or Christ. The Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed, revised in 381 by the second of these councils, is professed by Orthodox Christianity and, with one addition (Filioque clause), the Roman Catholic Church, and has been retained in some form by most Protestant denominations.

Wikipedia Quote

My own view is as I have said before, is that each faith has been given scriptures or oral messages by God, but have chosen to modify or change them so that they are no longer the words of God but rather the words of men. Jews with Torah and Talmud, Christians with Injeel and Gospels, and Muslims with Al Quran and Sunnah/Hadith. I personally believe that these manmade innovations are what have divided mankind and if we all return to Gods Law there will be no divisions based on faith and the world would be a much happier place. Just as Jesus said ” I have not come to change the law but to enforce it” God says in Al Quran that it is a confirmation of what he sent before, Al Quran is not a replacement for the earlier messages.

Allah says in Al Quran:

And follow not that of which you have not the knowledge; surely the hearing and the sight and the heart, all of these, shall be questioned about that. 17:36
    Who hear advice and follow the best thereof. Such are those whom Allah guideth, and such are men of understanding. 39:18

There is a Oneness movement among the Pentacostals.

And the Christadelphians, Christian Scientists, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Unitarians, Iglesia ni Cristo, and the Unification Church.

I am glad that you think they are acceptable even though they do not accept Trinity as a docterine, but I think from a Christian viewpoint you may be in a minority as I am from an Islamic viewpoint! 😉

Peace
    p.s. I am greatly enjoying our debate and am learning greatly from it, TY.

15. avatar Grace and Mercy says:

With these guys, I have my reservations because the silver-lining connecting us is much different.

But I’ll leave it at that for the moment. 😀

16. avatar sgn says:

Hi Grace and Mercy,

Our friends Khafi is good in writing.
    I am glad that you did not enter his ‘trap’.

🙂

Immanuel, God loves you.
    sgn

17. avatar Julita says:

I rather refer this to all Christian and other denominations alike so: SGN, M.K., Mercy etc.

M.K. saw the contradiction in the following terms,
    Son of God ———– I already gave the proof that the apostles agreed on their writing.

Demi-god —– I don’t know where you got it from, nobody ever say the term demi-god. Jesus is God. Jesus is also Son of man, He has a human mother, He became man for us.

Son of Man —— See Matthew 9.6; 26, b64; Mark 8, 31; Luke 19, 10; John 3, 3-14; 5.27; Acts 7,55.
    _____________________—–

Jesus taught in pArables – yes, He did.

Jesus ate with the tax collectors —— yes, He did because He also came to the world for them.

Jesus did exorcism ————- yes, with the power of God He did exorcism.

Jesus did not taught in pArable according to John’s gospel ———- in John’s Gospel it was not stated that ‘He did not teach in pArables’ but that “He was not teaching in pArables ANYMORE”.

Can we find any contradiction in the above between the apostles’ writings. They did not say that it happen at the same moment, which as God He could do it without problem.
    _________________________________

Several times, God the Father from heaven said in a loud voice, in public “You are my beloved Son, with You I am well pleased”.
    If we deny that God spoke and the words God have said, then we deny the Almighty God, we deny the entire Holy Bible, and in doing so we also deny the Qur’an.
    ______________________________–

Claiming that Mohammed equals Jesus (who equals God) I am not going to refer to each of their differences, just refer or reason for yourself: their being predicted in the Old Restament, the announcement from heaven to Virgin Mary, their birth, their life, their teaching, whether they live according to what they taught, their death, resurrection and ascension. Again, I am not going to put it into words you can look it up and do reasoning for yourself. It is in the web.
    _________________________–

If we deny God’s words which was said in public, how could we expect people to believe that the angel Gabriel putting/revealing to Mohammed all the words in the Qur’an. It was said that Mohammed often went for meditation in a cave, there he said that he received the messages. He would recite them to his followers. Some of them wrote it down and some were collected after his death, it’s authenticity is for you to decide.
    ______________________________.

Mohammed is the last prophet. The last of which lineage of prophets. Abraham on and on till Jesus, right? If he was the continuation of all the others, why did he deny their teachings and writing as untrue.
    _________________________-

If you are looking for a spiritual guidance, religion this is the ONE: Simon Peter said in reply “You are the Messiah (meaning God is with us), the Son of the living God”. Jesus said to him in reply, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I tell you, “You are Peter (rock), and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevaill (will not overcome by the power of death) against it”.
    Up to now we still can find the continuation who is replacing Peter. An intelligent, humble, holy and religious leader. Hm, hm please, don’t follow: Jim Jones, Louise the VIII etc. etc. etc.
    _________________

The Shocking Truth
    By: Khadija Watson
    Former Mary Sue Malvar
    Professor, Theologian, Missionary, Pastor, Church Planter, Licensed Ordained Minister, fundamentalist Christian, not a likely candidate for Islam. Yet, 6 years ago, after being raised in the Christian church all my life, (first as a Roman Catholic and then as a Born-Again, Spirit-Filled Christian) and having completed a Standard Ministerial Diploma, Bachelor of Theology and a Master of Divinity, I embraced Islam! What was it that brought about such a radical change.

Not a shock to me, she claimed to have all the titles, taught, preached. Though simple, she had no Faith. A person with Faith would not move religion if the monk, priest, the choir, the benches or people of the organization do not agree with her. Look for another place, in the US there are lots.

18. avatar Mohammed Khafi says:

sgn,

What can I say?:

Our friends Khafi is good in writing.
    I am glad that you did not enter his ‘trap’.

I have no intentions of setting traps for anybody here, I have just been enjoying the discourse between the different faiths. I was just illustrating that there are many views about Christianity and the Trinity as there are many views about Islam, nothing more and nothing less. I have learned a lot about Christianity from Grace and Mercy, Julita and yourself, please don’t think that I would want to trap you, you have your religion and I have mine, trying to trap anybody would just lead to animosity and ill feeling. Ultimately we will all be judged by God, will we not?

Peace

19. avatar sgn says:

Hi M.K., don’t take it too serious.

As I wrote earlier, you got my respect.
    If you revisit my latest comment, I put the word trap between two quotes, ‘trap’.

Grace and Mary put a stress on “the bottomline silver lining …is that Jesus Christ it the way to salvation….”, but you interpreted that Grace and Mary agree with “denying Trinity concept”. Or, maybe I was too sensitive. 😉

/sgn

Comment on “Yusuf Lakaseng”.