Neighbourly Affairs

Aug 29th, 2008, in Asides, by

Posts split from Dating thread.

119 Comments on “Neighbourly Affairs”

1. Teng says:

“Dutch courage” means couraged gained through alcohol, not a group

2. Purba Negoro says:

Please Aussie- save your talk for your transvestites. Now one else impressed.
    You attempt your clumsy swings on an ex soldier or police man, not some malnourished petty hoodlum or bravado filled teenager.
    A suara luhure: divine sound of floating rib cracking, the wheeze when collapse one of his lung or even grunt when damage kidney.
    Nothing quite so satisfying as seeing Aussie cough blood on his knees.
    Or hold neck crying like baby thinking he will die when smash his larynx.

Very amusing.

3. Aluang Anak Bayang says:

@ Andy

Andy Says:

September 1st, 2008 at 1:05 pm
    Hehehe, we never tried to take Papua you imbecile. However the way you guys carried on when (what was it 3 or 4) tried to seek asylum on our great shores after being mistreated by your thugs (were you one of them?) you would think your brainwashed (and braindead) citizens thought we had sent an entire platoon of SAS soldiers into there. If our countries ever went to war you would have maybe the manpower but not the sophistication, strategy or the balls to beat us. Our soldiers are well respected all over the world for their bravery and dedication to liberty.
    Your clowns meekly surrendered to the Japanese. In fact it was the west who had to come and save your sorry arses. I wish we didn’t looking back. The japs are a friendly trading partner and have supported the same causes as us (freedom, liberty) since they signed their new constitution post WW2. Would be nice to see you bowing to the rising sun rather than to your fake god every morning. We fought Nazi Germany too, where were your clowns again? Truth be known your people are not brave at all and are in fact cowards. If 1 bule confronted 1 (not 10) or your idiots they would run and hide. You and I in a cage and you would be the same I guarantee.

Oh yeah more rubbery figures from Purbs….Javanese don’t yet make up 50 % of the population so you have no right whatsoever to force yourselves on the rest.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Javanese celebrated when the Japs arrived to liberate us. Read a book on our Great Mojopahit prophet Joyoboyo’s prediction before shooting yourself in your foot. Here is part of it:

M Besulk yen wusana jago wiring kuning
    Saka lor witan lekani

4. Aluang Anak Bayang says:

oopsey .. pressed wrong button ..

5. Aluang Anak Bayang says:

M Besulk yen wusana jago wiring kuning
    Saka lor witan lekani
    Iku bakal ilangi kekbo bule
    wiwer natand

It translate as:
    Tommorrow the Yellow Peacock from the
    northeast will come to drive away the
    White buffalo with blue eyes.

This was foretold by one of Javanese’s greatest king some 800 years before; and the reason why there were celebrations when the Bules got their arse kicked.

Andy, your nose is getting longer. Liar liar, your pants on fire!

You sure do like a Brown man to fart into your face. Year 1995, my last year with TNI-AD, my platoon was sent to Kapooka (the same year when the new Kapooka mess hall was built) to train with the the PNG army and ‘Australian SAS’. Surprisngly, the supposedly ‘Australian SAS’ was all ex-British servicemen – the Gurkhas. “where are the Bules?” to which a Gurkha jokingly said, “None is as tough as Asian.”

6. Geordie says:

That could be said for any specifically trained individual, irrespective of nationality, though couldn’t it?

I’ve been lucky enough to have been in situations where I have been able to learn from some elite soldiers from the UK, NZ and Australia. Even with 30 years experience in martial arts, I was a babe in arms compared to these men and whilst they were gracious enough to allow me to train with them and very generous with their time and knowledge, it would be stupid to think that, if it came to it, I would still be beathing at the end of a, albeit very short, confrontation. This PN, I think, is your point, no?

My experience, however, leads me to believe that truely hard men with genuine ability, outside of properly dangerous situations, will tend to avoid a fight if at all possible and even if not, will only do enough to subdue an individual of obviously inferior capabilities. The significant damage that, it appears, you’d glorify in inflicting on someone without your training and abilities is not in keeping with my experience of professional soldiery. Or is your point that an Australian of similar background and abilities to yourself would always end up in dire straits?

7. Purba Negoro says:

my point is exactly as you made it. The surest way to win a fight is avoid one.

Failing that- the best tactic is harmless containment until hot-head cools down or security/police arrive.

But sometimes putting loud, obnoxious Aussie in his place with one well placed strike can be very satisfying- especially when he does not pick on his own size.
    And it subdues him.

We do not teach military bela diri to civilian.

8. Geordie says:

It translate as:
    Tommorrow the Yellow Peacock from the
    northeast will come to drive away the
    White buffalo with blue eyes.

I assume there must equally be a prophesy foretelling the arrival of the White buffalo then? If there was, wasit not a bit remiss not to have done as much as possible to mitigate the effects of the foretold colonization by the Dutch?

9. Geordie says:

We do not teach military bela diri to civilian.

PN, please don’t misunderstand me, the gentlemen I refer to did not teach me anything other than how to optimize what I already knew. I think they were far too responsible to ever divulge any truely ‘effective’ techniques.

10. Aluang Anak Bayang says:

Dear Geordie,

When the Chinese first discovered gunpowder, it was used for fireworks and signal flares. Little did they expect the West would use it as murder weapon.

The Mojopahitans long discovered Ostraya and traded with the Blackies. Never in a millon years we would think of subduing and chaining them; rape their children and women. Little did we anticipated that Andy’s and Oigal’s forebearers would commit such monstrosity.

The 3 Great Asian Empires (China, India and The Nusantara) traded with each, we don’t come with sinister agendas.

Even if it was predicted, EVIL was something the Asians never expected. Now we learn from experience.

11. Purba Negoro says:

The entire Joyoboyo prophecy is quite long and is in archaic prose Javanese- and some words are contextual which do not translate well in English.

Joyoboyo’s prophesies fill a book: Pralembang Joyoboyo.

Joyoboyo was the Just King who reunited Java after years of war and famine.
    The prophecy does indeed foretell of a tyranny lasting centuries of white men rule, to be liberated by Yellow Men who would depart in one crop cycle.
    They left in three- but close enough.

Iku bakal ilangi kerbo bule (Kawi- and current Javanese)
    Itu bibit/akan menghilangi kerabo bule (modern Indonesian)
    That heralds/creates the return/loss of the white-skinned buffalo

The sentence implies a long presence.

It is part of the very deeply ingrained Javanese myth of Ratu Adil- the just ruler.
    We Javanese await the next Ratu Adil, which according to Joyoboyo:
    “when iron wagons could drive without horses and ships could sail through the sky”
    which Java will have a new peaceful and very prosperous Golden Age.

Which we hope could be any time soon.
    But 800 years prior to the fact: it was prophesisied:

Wong Jawa kari separo,
    The Javanese will remain half.

Landa-Cina kari sejodo.
    The Dutch and the Chinese each will remain a pair.

Akeh wong ijir, akeh wong cethil.
    Many become stingy.

Sing eman ora keduman.
    The stingy ones will not get their portion.

Sing keduman ora eman.
    The ones who receive their portion will be generous.

Akeh wong mbambung.
    Street beggars will be everywhere.

Akeh wong limbung.
    Bewildered persons will be everywhere.

Selot-selote mbesuk wolak-waliking jaman teka.
    These are the signs that the people and their
    civilization have been
    turned upside down

Amazing yes. And this is why we Javanese veyr strongly belive in it.
    It has been true so far.
    Also
    The Joyoboyo states; the ruler shall be of the name:
    Nota Negara (in Javanese acccent pronounced Noto Negoro)

This means every good ruler must have a syllable in their name:
    Suk-ar-no 2 Good leader
    His name means Son of Lord of Awangga- it is a wayang hero.
    Su-har-to- 2 Good leader- closest to the Ratu Adil
    Son of Means

Habibie- not a good leader as fails test
    Abdurrahmin Wahid- not a good leader as fails test

Megawati Sukarno-Puteri- is
    Megano (from Hindu Megana- cloud God) Wati=dunia=bumi=puteri Sukarno Puteri/o-
    Meg-ho-no Wati Su-kar-no Pu-t-er-i

Mega has the Javanese character ho, no ko (perhaps ro)
    thus she also fits the Javanese alphabet which has msytical powers hono coroko, dotosowolo (which are also words: there were two diplomats, they parried (in combat)

Thus Mega is a very good match with strong name and destiny attached to it.
    But like the clouds- she can be aloof and detached.

Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono- only “no- so he is mediochre leader
    But his name means susila=pedoman= compass or lode-stone
    Bambang= =satria= knight
    yudho=yuda= battle/war
    yono= yana= cart

So he his name dictated his destiny and he fulfilled it- he was a soldier of infantry

So of three possible future candidates:
    Sutrisno- possess no- but very possible- his root name is “love”= surname translated from Kawi is Son of Love (su prefix= son of)

teh sakti (or magical power) is very postive

Siregar actually can be renderd Si Rega- r(o) Rego= harta= He of means

Prabowo- a good match (modern Indonesian his name means wibawa/pengaruh)- Pe-ro-bo-wo- his bby itself means charisma, presitge, authority all rolled into one term
    plus has the “ro” character ro is half of raka (kakak) which could be lengthened into rakai= district lord

So- now you see we Javanese very strongly believe Jayabaya (modern Indonesian spelling), why Indonesia can only be ruled by a Javanese and why names forge the destiny of the owner.

Purba Negara- if only I was a Presidential Candidate- I may just be the Ratu Adil to unite Indonesia in a golden age of peace and prosperity Purba = kekuasaan negara!

But alas, I hate politics and requirement brown-nosing.
    So Ratu adil here will
    just comment on blogs.

12. timdog says:

Oh glory be! What fabulous stuff!
    Just back from holiday and waaaaaay too much work to do this week to join in, but keep it up lads, keep it up…

13. Geordie says:

So the Pralembang Joyoboyo also foretells the creation of Indonesia too? And that Java would have hegemony over the archipelago?

14. Achmed says:

I agree with Andy. We Arabs also don’t like the Indonesian gutless attitude. They’re cowards and inferiour. Only we will enter Paradise: Indonesian wongdeso jawas are not allowed. And Purba Negoro: go back to the kampung because there is where you belong!

Hail to the Prophet.

15. David says:

Next group of comments have been moved from Achmad & Ross Insult Duel.

16. Janma says:

Some of my kids are mixed, and some are 100% bule…. weirdly out of them all my daughter who is 100% bule is the most indonesian out of all of them…..

my other daughter everyone thinks is Chinese and my son who is half Javanese (his siblings call him ‘brown boy’) was in Australia at the reconciliation rally for aboriginals and some bule came up and gave him a dollar!????
    That puts the ‘silly’ into reconsillyation…. hey?

17. Achmad Sudarsono says:

he should have said: “Do you think a dollar makes up for 200 years of Genocide ? I’ll settle for $20…”

18. Astrajingga says:

Some of my kids are mixed, and some are 100% bule

🙂

19. Stupid Bule says:

@ Jamma

That puts the ’silly’ into reconsillyation…. hey?

I’m from Aboriginal decent. In Australia it’s clear to almost everyone that I’m Aborigine, but here in Indonesia I’m Bule (White Bule) because of my softer Aborigine features and fairer skin tone. I just can’t seem to please anyone….

“reconsillyation”, I hope you don’t mind if I take this word back with me and introduce it to Australian ‘new speak’

20. Achmad Sudarsono says:

Hi Stupid Bule,

Might be interesting for you to do a proper article about what you think about Kevid Rudd’s “sorry” and reconciliation issues.

Alot of Indonesians, when thinking about Australia, mention the issue of justice towards Australian aboriginals.

Thoughts ?

21. Stupid Bule says:

If that’s true, it probably stems from their deep seated hatred/fear of the ‘Whiteman’. It’s just a blame game Achmad, one that I still have difficulty separating myself from…(ideologically and of course genetically he he) It’s the same argument all over the world, I mean the whole Black-White thing…I don’t think anyone can really see beyond those two apposing colours, including yours truly….when in fact it goes much much deeper.

I seen it almost everyday in Australia. Sometimes Aborigines would confuse me as a ‘Whitie’ and call me all the names under the Sun…who would of thunk it? On other occasions I had been discriminated by White Australians as well. My point here is the level at which people see their Race-ethnicity and/or nationality, in this case it’s purely by the colour of skin. So as for me, I remain on the fringes, sidelined and waiting to be signalled back in. (I won’t hold my breath)

There are many Aborigines who feel that justice wouldn’t be served until ALL the land is given back and ‘Whitie’ leaves. As I see it, this is just a continuation of a racist mindset, not unlike what is happening here in the good land of Indonesia. Here I see and experience racism as often as I did in Australia, it’s just presented to me in a slightly more polite manner.

I’ve never written a “proper article” in my life, and I wouldn’t know one if I tripped over it, so I’ll leave that for the more well informed.

Oh, what do I think about Kevin Rudd’s apology?

Well, an apology is always needed when one has wronged another. In the case of Australian Aborigines, they were wronged generationally many times over for more than two centuries, so let’s kiss and make up…Australians (Black-White-Brown-Yellow-Red-Pink with purple spots, Rich-poor, un/educated, non/believers…geez I hope I haven’t left anyone out?) now need to take responsibility for their own actions. Kevin Rudd has helped in making the first step in apologising on behalf of previous generation’s wrong doings, good onya mate! The rest is up to us.

22. Lairedion says:

SB,

In the past some people here on IM have labeled Aborigines as “Blackies” and/or “spear-chuckers”…

23. Stupid Bule says:

Ok, and your point is???

24. Lairedion says:

My point is be cautious when Indonesians show sympathy to some Aboriginal cause. I can tell from my own relatives with their shameless racism towards Papuans, Moluccans and other peoples wit darker skin tone.

25. Stupid Bule says:

Oh I see…Yes I’m exactly the same, when it comes to people mindfully expressing concern about indigenous peoples. This usually comes about after they are aware of my own indigenous heritage.

26. Cukurungan says:

Wake up man …nothing serious we Indonesian just love a Joke … there is Joke about Papuan, Moluccans, Maduranes, Javanese, Bataknese, Acehnese and there is no exception but at the moment we have a better subject for our joke …joke for the bule….especially the bule kere one

27. Ross says:

G’Day, Oigal
    I thought your post about the PKS/PKI and their appeal to Indonesians was sensibly and sincerely argued, hence I didn’t respond at once. Unlike many other posters, I don’t have all day every day to blast away, thus I often just reply in kind to the dafter pinkoes – take a quick poke at folk like Ultratupai, one of Lenin’s ‘useful idiots’ who gets uptight when faced with obvious truths such as the fact that the world was better off without skunks like Aidit.

I recognised (here on IM) the similarity of PKS and PKI tactics some while back, and yes, they both play to frustrations among the ignorant and uneducated, who, along with many non-ignorant and well-educated people, get a raw deal in this country.

This surely makes it all the more important to debunk the myth that the PKI were somehow hard-done-by. Like Communists everywhere, they didn’t give a monkey’s about the poor and down-trodden, simply saw them as vote-fodder and cannon-fodder.

Probably a majority of the peasants in the PKI peasants’ front organisation and the workers in SOBSI had very little grasp of what communism was all about. They got punished terribly for their naivete.
    Aidit and his clique on the other hand were very clear about their aims (Aidit’s favourite model for Indonesia was North Korea, for pity’s sake!) Aidit was no dummy and had spent time in the waking nightmares that NK and Red China were (and largely still are) and it behoved all Indonesians of goodwill to put them down.
    The PKI’s record of treason went back to Madiun in 1948 and good guys with a commitment to democracy, like Hatta, knew this. Patriots wanted to save their country from being turned into a hell-hole. That’s why it’s so sad to read those recurring pieces, mostly in the Jakarta Post but also from callow scribblers in the Globe, which dwell on the ‘plight’ of elderly hate-merchants who belly-ache about how they’ve suffered because of former PKI activity.

Sure, communists can see the light, and many’s a good conservative has emerged from such repentance (Horowitz in America is a fine example) But many of those featured in the sympathetic JP articles are openly proud of their past adherence to evil. Despite all the crimes of the red regimes across the world, they still won’t acknowledge that they put the best years of their lives into promoting terror and tyranny.

If we re-habilitate unrepentant diabolics from PKI days, we are leaving ourselves open to the same sort of white-wash tactics sometime being used to excuse the PKS and their fellow-travellers in Hizbut Tahrir and the FPI. These kind of people are not just fellow-participants in the democratic process with whom we have occasion to disagree. They are BAD NEWS.
    Lots of ordinary voters do cast their votes for PKS and such, for all manner of reasons, but if we remind these disadvantaged citizens of what Indonesian’s founding fathers set out to achieve, albeit imperfectly, a Pancasila nation where everybody could worship as they thought fit and petty persecution was not seen as a normal function of the state, then we can open up ways forward, whereby reformist parties, or reformists within parties, may build support for change. The potential is there.

Talk to most young Indonesians and they are of good heart, knowing what’s wrong and contemptuous of the current parasitic ruling class. Don’t let them be deluded about the hypocrites who exploited a previous generation’s frustrations. Totalitarianism, either Marxist or Islamist, offers only a road to ruin. Indonesia deserves better.

28. Stupid Bule says:

@ Ross

G’Day, I was wondering if you could spare the time to respond to my earlier question, “How many Indonesian moderates are on IM”?

An answer of the approximate number would suffice…

Thanks

29. Ross says:

Hi SB – no idea how many Indonesians even are into IM. So many folks here don Indo masks and names, and even shambolise their grammar, in an effort to persuade us they are locals.
    My post on the moderates versus extremists was meant to be a bit of fun viz. there is no anarcho-marxist Achmadist movement that I know of. But given the number of those pretenders mentioned in my first paragraph, there could be potential to develop one!

30. Stupid Bule says:

Cheers for your reply. I’ve only joined IM recently, and I’ve noticed that there’s the usual motley crew and not too many others.

If there could be an anarcho-marxist Achmadist movement, I’m sure it’d be a colourful posse.

Comment on “Neighbourly Affairs”.