Rika Tolentino Kato

Sep 27th, 2006, in Celebrities, News, by

Yusril Ihza Mahendra is instructing his new wife, Rika Tolentino Kato, in Islam.

Rika Tolentino Kato and Yusril Ihza Mahendra, the secretary of state, married recently in Jakarta. Rika, 22 years old, is of Japanese descent but comes from the Philippines and in order to marry Yusril she converted to Islam.

Rika Tolentino Kato
Rika Tolentino Kato.

Yusril, who is a former chairman of the Islamic party, Partai Bulan Bintang (PBB), is apparently teaching Rika about the mysterious ways of Islam, including the matter of Ramadan fasting. He also says that he plans to take her on the pilgrimage to Mecca, as a learning experience not for a honeymoon.

See Rika's pre-marital profile. She may want to update, or perhaps delete, it.

97 Comments on “Rika Tolentino Kato”

1. avatar Abukeretoe says:

Several weeks ago I met my friend who was formerly a staf of Indonesian Embassy in Manila, he said that Philipino’s prostitution common acts are one must not come to the same streethooker more than twice unless he should marry her if he come more.
    I’m worry if Yusril was trapped in such a practice and than he marry to the young woman which is not so equal to him. May be Hassan, Vivien or Jack Hawkin have some opinion about this matter.

2. avatar Beruk Dongo says:

Yusril mouth look like chicken ass. He’s really an asshole politician. Imagine this hypocrite, liar and corrupt person be a president. What would be Indonesia future on his hand?

This asshole should already be in Jail.

3. avatar dragonwall says:

BD, don’t you thin you should be commenting in the Yusril Blog as it seemed inappropriate. I am sure the wife has nothing to do with his crap.

4. avatar Sera says:

hmmm… beautiful girl… ^^

5. avatar Yusrizal says:

Hey Jack & 1ndra Where are you both,

Did you have get the final conclusion of your debate. I didn’t see any conclusion. You both seem have strong argument, but totally have different wavelength and philosophical background.

Let me give a scenario of debate:

1. The question for Mr. Jack:
    If Voltaire (atheist system) is better than Mohammad (theocratic system) show me the code and the practice. How could be Atheist better than Islam? Can you explain me the all aspect of Atheist system, your platform, and your “truth” method for all of human being? If you just only criticize one section of Islamic theocratic system/way of life, so how you can prove that other of Islamic theocratic code of practice is wrong? Is the code of Islamic practice is wrong or perhaps, the practice of the code is wrong or the tyrant in Islam who use the theocratic system wrongly for their power or could our understanding of code of Islam totally blurred? Which one of your position Jack? Can you defend your position? Or you would like to say that all of the Islamic theocratic system is totally a crap? If so why still there is human being still practice it and love it even in western country? Do you have any answer Mr. Jack.

2. The question for Mr. 1indra
    Muhammad (Islamic theocratic system) has show partly, the problematic problem on the real of implementation of Islamic/Theocratic Islam in modern and post modern life. Do Islamic/Theocratic way of life still could be implement in the real life of human being, especially in the westernize or modern country, who have established the science and the knowledge as their most source of decision. Even, an atheist have humanistic and “Islamic” way of life, so how Islam can judge that kind a good community but disbelief of Islamic/theocratic way of life? We can see in here in Netherlands, they put the human law/rule as their “God”. So in this certain code of “way of life”, they are better than Islamic/theocratic way of life? So. Mr. 1ndra can you prove that Islam is better than Atheist in term of human to human relationship, not human to God relationship?

If you, both, can answer logically, systematically with balance consideration between both of perspective. I hope I can get the essence of both way of thinking.

Please advise me any further. Mr. Jack and Mr. 1ndra. And please don’t debate like a donkey which bring the book. Because Donkey just brings the book but do not get the essence of the “truth”. What is the “truth” actually, can you both give me the definition?

Your collegue

6. avatar Jack Hawkins says:

wow, are people still posting on this?
    Yusrizal, how can someone practice “Islamic theocracy” in Western countries? There are no Islamic theocracies in Western countries.
    You are asking me to prove atheism is better than Islam. Why? Do you believe that quoting Voltaire makes me an atheist lol? I’m not an atheist.
    The basis on which any belief system should be judged for me is how the followers treat their fellow human beings. On that basis, I find Islam wanting.

7. avatar Bill says:

Mahendra, I’m going to love debating you! Your position, though well dug in, is only a position and a defensive one. You like many other preaching Muslims live a kind of split existence, with a twisted mythology from the 15th Century, conflicting with the 21st Century in which you live and then again with your own testicles that keep urging you to grab a chick and fuck her brains out.
    Here are a few answers to your questions:
    Q. Can you explain me the all aspect of Atheist system?
    A. Atheism is not a system. There are no rules or conventions to it. To suggest that those who are not Muslim must be Atheist is incorrect.
    Q. If you just only criticize one section of Islamic theocratic system/way of life, so how you can prove that other of Islamic theocratic code of practice is wrong? Is the code of Islamic practice is wrong or perhaps, the practice of the code is wrong or the tyrant in Islam who use the theocratic system wrongly for their power or could our understanding of code of Islam totally blurred?
    A. Christianity, Judaism and Islam all came out of the same area and followed the same history and book, one expounding upon the other. For those of us who do not believe that this small part of the world represents the whole of humanity its not a question of which part we like or don’t like. You follow whatever path you like. I’ll follow mine. I actually don’t care about any part of the Bible, Torah or Koran. I like many, do not like being told by Christians, Jews and Muslims that unless I follow one of these religions I am somehow spiritless, not part of the spirituality that has been connected with human life as long as it has existed. Its you guys who need to wake up and deal with your own inhibitions.
    Q. Or you would like to say that all of the Islamic theocratic system is totally a crap? If so why still there is human being still practice it and love it even in western country?
    A. I don’t say its crap or even totally crap. If it resonates with you, that is, if it gives you a sense of being closer to your maker, then practice it and don’t worry what other people say. I’m sure there are good parts to the teaching. People still practice it largely out of rote. They were taught it by their parents and so on, just like Jews and Christians and Hindus.
    Q. Do Islamic/Theocratic way of life still could be implement in the real life of human being, especially in the westernize or modern country, who have established the science and the knowledge as their most source of decision.
    A. Why would you want to implement a spirituality onto people? Why would you not want them to develop their own ideas / beliefs? Modern science adheres to a strict set of guidelines. In order to prove something one has to test and re-test the situation. Theology has no such requirements. When a Christian says Jesus saw a burning bush, it was burning. There is no test. People just believe. When a Muslim teacher says something he does not have to prove it. BTW the Bible, Torah and Koran are not proof.

Q. So. Mr. 1ndra can you prove that Islam is better than Atheist in term of human to human relationship, not human to God relationship?
    A. Spirituality is not a contest. If you feel you have a connection with nature, the world or God, then good for you. Follow whatever path leads you towards that. Its not going to be the same for everyone. I was brought up Christian and it does nothing for me.
    Hope this helps you on your spiritual path.

Comment on “Rika Tolentino Kato”.