300 – Achmad & Ross Insult Duel

May 19th, 2009, in Opinion, by

The long wait is over, Achmad & Ross finally face off in 300.

Insultathon

• 3 days
  • 3 rounds
  • 300 words

Achmad and Ross face off.

The Voting

Who Won?

• Ross (50%, 9 Votes)
  • Achmad (50%, 9 Votes)

Total Voters: 18

Loading ... Loading ...

147 Comments on “300 – Achmad & Ross Insult Duel”

1. avatar Janma says:

You know… I see it’s a tie…. you really want me to tip the scales?

hmmmmm…..I’d probably vote for you, but you have an unfair advantage in that Ross is an easy target for insults…
    but I did like Ross’ poems! it’s a tough one…….

2. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

just be interested in your thoughts.

3. avatar ultratupai says:

This has been quite interesting. It is hard to believe the vote is a tie. However, I did learn one thing from the comment Ross made about D.N. Aidit and the PKI. I learned that Ross is an ignorant jerk. Trims.

4. avatar Astrajingga says:

It’s a tie.
    So ‘voting for underdog’ works.

Won’t try it on Mega-Pro, though.

You’re welcome Achmad. Consider my vote to Ross as an additional insult for him. That’s all I can do with a single vote, cos I don’t have the capability to craft 300 words into a deadly insult. I’m learning it.

5. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

Astra,

I don’t understand at all. How is a vote for Ross an insult for him — unless, as Groucho Marx once said, I wouldn’t want to join a club that would have me as a member ?

6. avatar Pakmantri says:

Diego said,

Where is AAB? It’s Lair’s fault (again), with his background-check thingy. That scared AAB off.

I believe he is still around, only he has morphed into somebody else. 🙂

Salam.

7. avatar Astrajingga says:

Achmad,

I don’t understand at all. How is a vote for Ross an insult for him

Consider it as an insult for you too then.

8. avatar oigal says:

I learned that Ross is an ignorant jerk.

Some people just don’t grasp the concept of an insult thread..I wonder if thats a cultural thing..

Let’s see ignorant jerk.. How about Ross is to Knowledge as Religion is to science

9. avatar Ross says:

Ignorant jerk…oya, he’s still on the insult thread, so no need for rational rebuttal.

Actually, in retrospect again, I feel that, in a forum such as IM, for me to have got 50% of the vote was a really encouraging sign, an omen that the moderates in Indonesia are resisting the rise of Achmadite anarcho-marxism.

10. avatar Stupid Bule says:

@ Ross

Exactly how many Indonesian moderates are on IM?

11. avatar Lairedion says:

Don’t think too much of it. How many of the voters here (or participants for that matter) are in fact Indonesian?

12. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

yeah, like u, Lairedion.

13. avatar Lairedion says:

What do you mean, Achmad?

14. avatar ET says:

@ Lairedion

re. AAB’s pics.

Something is missing in the second picture.

15. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

Lordy, Lairedy,

Didn’t u say u were a Dutch citizen ?

Yet you get protective about all these alleged “Bules” commenting on Indonesia, even though you took the nationality of the colonizing power….

16. avatar janma says:

Something is missing in the second picture.

Yes the great Tai Gajah….

and Achmad, when you say “took the nationality of the colonizing power…” do you mean that Lairedion somehow had a choice in the matter? isnt’ he half or some part dutch? wouldn’t that be something he was born with rather than ‘took’?

17. avatar Lairedion says:

Janma,

Achmad knows my story. You can read it here:

I never made a secret of it. I could have easily pretend I am a full-blooded pribumi but for what?

My initial response was to Ross who was stating Indonesian moderates were resisting the rise of Achmadite anarcho-marxism.

18. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

hi janma,

just stirring (sorry lairdion). at the same time, though, I think it’s fair to say Lairdie gets a bit protective and miffed sometimes when he thinks bules are pretending to be indonesian and especially javanese. Is that fair, Lairedion ?

but it’s ok… we’re all…

Seksi

Here. !

19. avatar diego says:

There’s nothing seksi in you achmad (I was referring to your pic).

20. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

Diego,

Sorry, amigo, that’s a really lame insult. Can’t you do better ?

21. avatar Oigal says:

Picture???…great gazooks.. I thought it was an artists redention of the folly of interbreeding invertibrates or Condoms who can argue against them?

22. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

Diego,

Decent quality insult below:

Of course, I’ve cleverly taken the sting out by appreciating it. But it’s not hard for me to always be a few steps ahead of Oigal — he’s busy constructing his world view from the Jakarta Post.

23. avatar ET says:

@ Cukurungan

However, please check again on each of my post, in any topic, it had became the closing mark of the posting because no one could rebuff the truth on it,

It became the closing mark because every one was driven to despair and simply gave up.

24. avatar David says:

Some things moved here, if you really want to have it in its own thread then supply a title please, no inspiration here….

25. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

Patoengs,

How bout “Rapacious Indonesian Elite: Part of a Global Gated Community ?”

26. avatar Mike Oxblack says:

Is this the IM equivalent of the pub car park?

27. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

Mike,

That’s right. It’s where we come to rip on each other.

Comment on “300 – Achmad & Ross Insult Duel”.