300 – Achmad & Ross Insult Duel

May 19th, 2009, in Opinion, by

The long wait is over, Achmad & Ross finally face off in 300.

Insultathon

• 3 days
  • 3 rounds
  • 300 words

Achmad and Ross face off.

The Voting

Who Won?

• Ross (50%, 9 Votes)
  • Achmad (50%, 9 Votes)

Total Voters: 18

Loading ... Loading ...

147 Comments on “300 – Achmad & Ross Insult Duel”

1. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

btw all – I cheated and voted twice. As a wise man one said, vote early and vote often !

2. avatar David says:

Let’s say tomorrow, there was another double vote for Achmad (you know who you are) so we’re now back to Ross marginally ahead. Although I sort of hope someone comes along and ties it up again as I suspect feelings might run high! But it’s just a little fun!

3. avatar David says:

Ah, you owned up….

4. avatar Odinius says:

It wouldn’t really be Indonesian without a little funny voting, would it?

Along those lines, perhaps we should organize pemuda to get out the vote? Ride on the back of trucks, all wearing the same shirt and colored headbands?

5. avatar Oigal says:

I am hanging out for the t-shirt and promise for 50,000Rp.

Really is like an Indonesian Election tho, with the candidate qaulity.

6. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

C’mon, Pak Oigal, at least we tried. For goddsake’s I did some research for a change ? Aren’t you proud of me ? Also we “shook hands” as it were afterwards in a sporting way. Plus, neither of us insulted you ? All good, no ?

7. avatar Ross says:

‘Purporting’ to be back at work on Monday morning…makes me wish I WAS a virtual entity….but what happened to the Silent or indeed Noisy Majority? It says a lot for the ‘crowd appeal’ of the duellists that less than 20 penonton chose to participate!
    The voting button seems to have vanished, or so a disappointed drinking buddy sms-ed me earlier. Guess that’s it!
    Okay, leave it to the KPU, say I. Should get a final, formal tally by Xmas.

8. avatar Lairedion says:

It wouldn’t really be Indonesian without a little funny voting, would it?

Yup, the only thing missing was the “amplop” with some small bribe money……

9. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

I tried, but Patoeng only takes Paypal and the KPK would be all over it. : P Sorry, Ross.

10. avatar David says:

It’s a tie!!! Polls arbitrarily closed! Ross came out of the blocks fastest with some early support, Achmad clawed back doggedly and barnstormed into the lead in the mid stages, later stages were plagued by fraud attempts from Achmad supporters (keenly spotted and nullified by your incorruptible (except at the right price) host), Ross edged back into the lead towards the end while at the last moment voting was tied up again by a late-coming Achmad supporter.

11. avatar Lairedion says:

P, without giving names, are most voters regulars here?

12. avatar Oigal says:

AM,

Being polite and knowing your stuff is no subsitute for a tshirt and 50,000Rp. Ok I confess.. it really would have taken a tshirt , torn as I was between my personal and political distaste..twas a battle that could never be won without the ole ole edge

13. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

Oigal,

Please explain — you mean me (personal), vs Ross (political) distaste ?

14. avatar treespotter says:

entertaining… in a strange and weird way, but entertaining.

15. avatar ET says:

Interesting contest between two hommes de plume although sometimes incomprehensible for the non-native English part of humanity. Why not organize a more graphic duel and publish it on Youtube? I was thinking of a mud wrestling match between, let’s say… Farah and fullmoonflower. The winner will be awarded a full pictorial with centerfold in a special edition of IM.

16. avatar David says:

P, without giving names, are most voters regulars here?

Yes mostly, a couple I didn’t recognise, registered lurkers.

17. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

thank you Pak Treespotter Yth., and to think you once called me a “super annoying person,” or something like that after I posted on your Greatest Heros link ! It’s good to see you have become one of my biggest fans. I pronounce you…Seksi.

18. avatar treespotter says:

Dear Achmad, thank you for your kind words. Merely “super annoying person” is a compliment I throw about quite liberally. In fact i remember saying that most people here in IM were super annoying. Rest assured, we’re well endowed with annoyance these days.

As for this vulgar duel of yours, well, it is hugely amusing when i’m reading it not completely sober.

And seriously Patung, since we’re all reading this thing together, i think we could do away with the commentary. Maybe we should have some penguin art instead.

Oh, the good all days when ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE was f**king annoying.

19. avatar David says:

After the polls closed controversy continued to rage, Oigal made predictably hard to follow comments with bad punctuation, ET called for female mud wrestling on these pages, and treespotter even questioned the value of Patung’s commentary….yeah alright I’ll stop now…

20. avatar treespotter says:

I think the female should do something OTHER than mud wresting. Something less violent and not so much resembling pagan rituals.

I vote for lap dance.

BTW, since i haven’t been around for a while, what’s the general temperature here in IMville for Mr. Boediono?

21. avatar David says:

Very positive in general, – Boediono.

22. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

Dear Treespotter,

I thought we raised our standards. I quoted the classics and Ross used poetry.

A bit disappointed people are paying any attention to all this whining about “neoliberalism.” Indonesia’s already got it. It’s gonna stay that way. And there aint’ much choice for countries like Indonesia right now.

Most of all, most people don’t know what “neoliberalism” actually means. Mr. Boediono is a career bureaucrat who’s spent most of his life balancing budgets, managing interest rates and teaching macroeconomics.

23. avatar Oigal says:

AM,

See, I have always said you were astute, amongst other things.

24. avatar oigal says:

Oigal made predictably hard to follow comments with bad punctuation,

Out of all of the insults..that one really hurt 🙁

25. avatar Oigal says:

In fact, I’ll have you know that I once heard that I make an excellent leader and I am very easy to follow..why people naturally follow me out of idle and perverse curiosity..

26. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

Seksi Oigal,

Who’s AM ?

27. avatar Oigal says:

Now you are just being obtuse Ass Mad

28. avatar treespotter says:

i was pretty sure he didn’t just call me astute.

This thread is actually very funny, too.

I’ve two meets with Mr. Boediono this week, will be interested to find out what’s all this fuss with neoblib and all.

29. avatar Achmad Sudarsono says:

Treespotter,

It’s an Islamist-driven toss festival. If you care to discuss economics with Pak Boediono, I think you’ll find any Friedmanite, neoliberal free-market economics has been tempered by the realities of policy making in Indonesia. Think bank to the deregulation of banks in the late 1980s, for example. The World Bank was salivating for it, but experienced policy makers new better…

30. avatar treespotter says:

i honestly don’t get the islamic bit, if anything, i was just writing elsewhere about the irrelevance of the religious freaks in the domestic political scene. If anything, the socialist-nationalist weirdos are taking over and some of the old xenophobic songs are making a come back with a vengeance. That kinda scares me.

As for neoliberal being tempered, isn’t it what exactly happening now, that they are being tempered by the realities of rabid leveraging in an out of control market?

I’ve always understood that the bank deregulation in the more recent 1997-1999 period was one of the best thing Indonesia had ever done for its economy and to a large degree, is insulating the country better than others in the current climate.

Islamic parties control single digit votes with no real political base and have largely submit to SBY’s moderating influence (and recent crackdowns in violence, etc.). The Leftist opposition, however (lacking a better term for Megabowo) is a very real up and rising influence.

Just wondering if Ross’d been right all along with his red commie phobes and all.

Comment on “300 – Achmad & Ross Insult Duel”.