Apr 14th, 2008, in Girls, IM Posts, by Patung
A new book giving advice to Indonesian women on how to find an expat man, How to Catch Mr Bule.
Published by Gramedia Pustaka Utama and written by one Erlinawati How to Catch Mr Bule provides tips and advice for Indonesian women on how to snare a foreign man for romance and likely marriage, and how to manage the relationship.
How to Catch Mr Bule.
The book discusses important questions such as:
- Are foreign men more caring and loving than Indonesian men?
- Is it true foreign men know best how to keep a woman happy?
- Or are bules just looking for a bit of fun, or as blogger Indcoup once put it in the four "F"'s - "find, feel, f..., forget"?
- Do foreign men like Asian women because they think of them as demure, while western women are too forthright and independent?
- What special problems face local women dating a foreign man?
The weird habits of bule men are pointed out as a warning to Indonesian women, such as
- they like dogs
- they sleep with the lights off
- they like to cook for themselves
These small matters could later blow up into big problems and ruin the relationship, it is said. However the main advice seems to be to avoid stereotypes and keep your eyes open.
Available at the bargain price of 25,000 rupiah.