Aug 23rd, 2008, in Girls, IM Posts, by Patung
Some remarks on the typical attributes of girls in Jakarta, from an experienced observer.
Ripped off from the sadly departed Indcoup blog, some observations on Jakarta girls.
- Typical occupation: Unemployed, uni student (high school student?!), secretary, receptionist, PR, advertising, media, banking, legal etc.
- Favoured haunts: Malls, clubs, fitness centers, cafes, malls, malls".
- The tattoo. Most often on either the upper shoulder or lower back. Increasingly popular in the last few years. Butterflies, flowers, suns are popular designs. But be very wary of girls with tattoos of skulls, skeletons, devils etc!
- Dyed hair. Not so much the I wanna be a bule complex, more the "I wanna follow the crowd" mentality.
- The handphone. Nokia still rules supreme. Other brands a bit shit. She'll put your number into her contacts list - which is, of course, very very long!
- Tank top. Revealing plenty of flesh and fairly big boobs from eating too much hormone packed junk food (KFC, McD, etc). Definitely the minimalist approach; nay Dadaism!
- The brand name handbag. Most likely imitation, but surprisingly many of these girls have the real thing.
- The tight pants. If you've got it flaunt it I suppose. Can be frustratingly difficult to get off though!
- The panty line: every good girl wants to show her knickers.
- The lipstick: bright and cheerful, matches the clothes.
- The fragrance: Versace, something pricey but fun.
- The wallet: Some cash, but heaps of ATM cards and credit cards. Name cards from admirers. Stupid photos of the girl with her mates pulling faces.
If this leaves you curious to meet the real thing, virtually, there's always the dating site Indonesian Cupid!