Poso Jihad

Jan 17th, 2007, in News, by

Police are focusing on the role of Muslim clerics in the continuing strife in Central Sulawesi.

Poso of late has again been the scene of some violence. Mobile Brigade and Densus 88 (anti-terror squad) police in Central Sulawesi on January 11th raided the home of one of 29 Islamic militants suspected of having carried attacks on Christians going back to 1998. Those in the home fought back with guns and crude bombs and one suspect, Dedi Parsan, was killed in the raid, as was an Islamic teacher, Ustad Rian, who was not on the wanted list. Four of the aforesaid 29 wanted men were arrested.

The four detained suspects were flown to the provincial capital, Palu, for questioning. One of them, Sarjono alias Paiman, has already admitted to making the bomb used to blow up the GOR Poso in 2004, in cooperation with Taufik Bulaga alias Upik Lawanga, as well as having handed the detonator used at a bombing in Tentena in 2005 to Taufik. mediaindo

Rifles, ammunition, 4 kg of calcium chlorate, and seven home-made bombs vhr, were confiscated after the raid. The raided home was in the Gebang Rejo, Tanah Runtuh area, long the scene of street protests, and battles with police, by Muslim residents, many of whom are immigrants from Java. (Poso Violence, 1st October 2006 & Tanah Runtuh Marches 31st October 2006).

Local police chief Brigadier General Badrodin Haiti said officials had many times tried to resolve disputes through dialogue with local Islamic leaders in the area, but with no success.

We had to take this action in order to uphold the law. I would like to express my thanks for the support of several Islamic clerics who have helped the police.

After the funeral of Ustad Rian, as mourners made their way home, a policeman, Dedi Irawan, was attacked and killed. Nobody has yet been arrested over this. spcm

On the 16th Syamsir Siregar, the head of the state intelligence bureau, Badan Intelejen Negara (BIN), said that the police raid on the home was an attempt to arrest members of the Jemaah Islamyah (JI) and those who had fought in Afghanistan. indosiar

On the 17th Brigadier General Anton Bachrul Alam in Jakarta said that there were indications that a number of Javanese Muslim clerics were teaching their followers that it was legitimate to wage holy war, or jihad, against non-Muslims in and around Poso. He said that the clerics appear to believe that non-Muslims are planning attacks on the faithful in Poso. Anton said:

Their (the men arrested) motive is to get revenge and to wage jihad in accordance with the doctrines taught by their teachers from Java.
(Motif mereka melakukan hal tersebut adalah untuk balas dendam dan jihad sesuai doktrin yang diajarkan oleh guru-guru dari Jawa.)

He named the clerics, who are all from Central Java province antara, as Munzip, Yasin, Rian (killed), Yahya, and Afif. All of the men are said to be connected with Islamic schools on Java. Munzip, Yasin, Yahya, and Afif are currently being hunted by police, he said. mediaindo

He added that those arrested in the raid on the 11th had planned to use their homemade bombs in an attack on a sports complex in nearby Tentena, a mainly Christian town. vhr

Meanwhile on the morning of the 17th the sound of a bomb going off, as well as gunfire, was heard coming from the main town market. No-one has been reported as hurt. Police have issued a shoot on sight order for anyone seen to be carrying a weapon. l6

58 Comments on “Poso Jihad”

1. avatar Cukurungan says:

Hassan Says:

The difference is the islam in my mind didn’t tell me to insult other religions and their followers. But the ‘Christianity in your mind’ (not Christianity as a religion, folks!) seemed to be telling you that insults are the best thing to do as a religious person.

I think this is only a matters angle of views when we look to a star constelation from different location. As Ismail said their word didn’t intended to insult any religion or hated other beliefs but because he care about other beliefs as Jesus did care to all human being. What it doesn’t means “care” for Ismail? Care is equal to insult other beliefs, hihihi.

2. avatar Hassan says:

Yeah, I wondered in what way did express his “care” for his children or parents. 😀

3. avatar Miss Indo 07 says:

Cukurungan,,u asked me whether i’m a lady or just my nick?
    I’m a girl actually,,

Ismail,,whatever u think abt Islam,,just 1 thing,,BEHAVE!!!!
    I’m a Catholic n i’m ashamed to know that we follow the same God,,
    I’m not a good cath maybe,,i have sins n mistakes,,but i know Jesus never teach me to do what u do,,k??
    Even Hassan didn’t do what u do,,

Tamara Blessinzky is a mualaf,,n once she said that Islam is better than Christianity,,that the content of AlQuran is better than the Bible,,
    Do u feel happy to hear that? no,,right? So pls don’t do the same thing,,
    Oyah,,i’ve seen a book written by an ex-nun who became a mualaf,,
    the title is @becareful of Christianisation in Christianity@
    N frankly speaking,,i was quite shocked to see that kind of book is allowed to be sold in as calibre bookstore as TGA,,
    so Ismail,,don’t let ppl believe that the content of the book is correct just becos of ppl like u,,
    Peace everyone,,hmm,,btw this is 2007 anyway,,must change my nick i guess,,since the real miss Indo 2007 will come hehehe,,

4. avatar sgn says:

Miss Indo 07 Says:

January 20th, 2007 at 8:27 pm

Do u feel happy to hear that? no,,right? So pls don’t do the same thing,,

Miss Indo 07, who is Tamara? Oh…. oh… the woman has just divorced.
    I think, her comment about her new religion was normal. Otherwise, she would be seen stupid (sorry for this word) changing to a bad religion. And, she could say that in public because her new religion is the majority in her country.

And …. how is about Nafa Urbach? She said: “.. menjadi pengikut Kristus hal yang terindah dalam diri saya”. In another word, she said … better than menjadi pengikut Muhammad.

Once again, I think both comments are normal, aren’t they?

[But this is not a kind of supporting Ismail’s strong view]

5. avatar Ismail says:

sgn, please make sure you stay likeable, one way to do that is not to associate with me, that was a good move, I commend you depth.

Miss Indo 07, wow, my only offence is to say precisely what I believe islam is and what it’s capable of doing, and all you can say to me his BEHAVE! I see you really do believe islam is a “religion of peace”. If you still believe that you are still under it spell and I pray you wake-up. Love Muslims by all means but islam is satanic.

Satan is the father of lies, the Quran and Muhammed rejected everything of Christ, twisted stories of the prophet and the patriach of faith. Rejected the fundamental understanding of our God. I wish this strange god of islam takes it own identity and didn’t have to build itself on the image of the characters of the bible for validity, yet rejecting their essential message and meaning. I therefore reject the message of islam and I deem it erroneous, incorrect, misleading. It was carefully crafted to decieve and its succeding.

Cukurungan, I didn’t get your comment, but I still think you’re nice and unislamic, hahahh. I really don’t care what is Hassan said or meant, I have been consistent on my view of islam and Hassan need to know that the very message called islam is an insult to Christianity, cause not only did the Quran reject the bible accounts, it crafted its own version and ridicle us Christians for not believe its mumble-jumble non-sense.

Andrew, please be sure about it. Muslims can be lovely people as long they are nominal and “don’t have islam on there mind” and are not vast in the ways of Muhammed, but once they cross that line, its a different ball. I have Muslims as friend and they my staff in my engineering practice but I am constantly shocked at how little Muslims know about there religion and when I talk to them its quite an experience, just ask them what they say five times a day!

6. avatar sgn says:

Ismail,

My knowledge in Islam is enough, not only because I grew up in Muslim community but I read quite number of books related to Islam (including Qur’an). More or less, I understand what you said.

However, I still believe that sharing the real meaning of “LOVE” is still more helpful for an open discussion like in this forum. But, of course, you have your own way to pass your message with all consequences you may face (God bless you).

/sgn

7. avatar Ihaknt says:

Hassan, I never said you were a fundamentalist. Just would like to see the heated debate. 😀 I will cook and make sure nothing sharp is in sight! MK can be the referee.

8. avatar Ihaknt says:

Hi sgn, thanks for the blessing. I am keeping it, I may change it, but when I do it will be by at my own will, not others. I dont give in to peer pressure, but I really like your idea :D. It’s definitely in my possible-nik list. Thanks.

9. avatar sgn says:

OK, then I will address you IHnAKnT.
    Have a nice Sunday.

10. avatar 1ndra says:

Ihaknt : It’s a looong nick name. 🙂

Miss Indo 07 : Be Miss Indo 08, and be that one in reality, our new celeb. 🙂

Ismail :

And you can do that too…be nominal and lovely.
    Well, I hope this isnt the next mission impossible. 🙂

11. avatar Ismail says:

1ndra, I guess you must have missed out something I said, look closely I had a bit to say about islam and its “prophet”.

You don’t have to believe but its worth saying, I love Muslim people and I am just sad seeing what islam is doing to them, they are as much of victim of islam, imagine some blowing themselves up and loving it. Like most Muslims doctrine trying to justify the unimaginable, it’s a bit hard to concieve. It’s same with a prophet of 54 years “prophet” sleeping with a 9year old and Muslims justify it rather nicely.

It’s not the person really it’s the idealogy that twist there mind. Islam on there mind=mind-block.

Sgn, please sir I am sorry for sounding incorrigible, but telling the truth don’t mean hate, it’s come down to my intentions, I do not hate anyone, infact I realise that we have say it as it is. I love God too mush to live in hate of a person, but islam will destroy the world except we come to terms with it. In fact one of my staff members is a Muslim. It’s not the Muslim its islam that is the problem, when you see a demon possessed man, you have to feel for the person not the demon. It’s the same with islam.

Let me give you an example: the sunni and shiite are sect of “the religion of peace”, they went to saudi Arabia to sign a peace document and says its wrong to shed Muslim blood, please not that it’s says Muslim blood and not human blood, but did it stop NO SIR! It became the worst month, this is several month ago because they have “islam on there mind” the only people that kill invoking the name of there god and his word.

MUSLIMS should see this strange god for what it is!

Jesus says love and forgive 7 by 70 times and love your enemy and do good to all men, this the message they need, not some nice acceptance of the self defence non-sense.

12. avatar Cukurungan says:

Ismail Says:

Jesus says love and forgive 7by 70 times and love your enemy and do good to all men, this the massage they need, not some nice acceptance of the self defence non-sense.

Could you please tell me how those above nice words translated in the Rwanda conflict where millions Christians tutsi and Christian huttu slaughtered each other and sometime it was took place in their church.

Regards,
    provokator no.1

13. avatar Hassan says:

Ismail, i don’t hate Christianity either or any other religion for that matter. But if i went inside a church, synagogue, or vihara to say that i don’t hate the audience but i hated their religion, then start insulting the god they worshiped, their saints, and their holy scriptures etc, dude i don’t know about you but i will run for my life after that. The followers of those respective religions WILL try to seriously hurt me.

Now Ismail, which part of that example is too hard for you to understand? The followers will consider the act of hating their respective religions as an act of hate and hostilities towards THEMSELVES. Get that? Did you see the flaw of your current logic of differentiating between the followers and their religion?

“the very message called Islam is an insult to Christianity, cause not only did the Quran reject the bible accounts, it crafted its own version”

The bible also rejected the Quranic accounts, does that means Christianity is an insult to Islam? Shall that make Muslims and Christians felt insulted by each other? You sure are one sided an only using your own point of view and you seemed to fail to learn about something called ’empathy’ as you grew up. Or did you ever grow up at all, Ismail?

Sheesh, why did i waste my time on you. Talking to you is like talking to an answering machine: always saying the same ol’ thing, over and over and over again.

14. avatar sgn says:

Cukurungan Says:

January 21st, 2007 at 4:24 pm

… the Rwanda conflict where millions Christians tutsi and Christian huttu slaughtered each other and sometime it was took place in their church.

Hi Cukurungan,

Below I quoted what WIKI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_genocide) wrote:

The killing swiftly spread from Kigali to all corners of the country. Between April 6 and mid-July, a genocide that is estimated to have left between 800,000 and 1,071,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus dead at the hands of organized bands of militias, as reported by Helen Vesperini: James Smith of Aegis Trust, a British NGO dedicated to the prevention of genocide, says finding an exact number is not the point: “What’s important to remember is that there was a genocide. There was an attempt to eliminate Tutsis “” men, women, and children “” and to erase any memory of their existence.”

One such massacre occurred at Nyarubuye. Ordinary citizens were called on by local officials and government-sponsored radio to kill their neighbors and those who refused to kill were often killed themselves. “Either you took part in the massacres or you were massacred yourself,” said one Hutu, rationalizing an ambivalent mixture of regret, fear, and shame at being forced to kill Tutsis.

Most of the victims were killed in their villages or in towns, often by their neighbors and fellow villagers. The militia members mostly killed their victims by chopping them up with machetes, although some army units used rifles. The victims were often hiding in churches and school buildings, where Hutu extremist gangs massacred them. On 12 April 1994, more than 1,500 Tutsis sought refuge in a Catholic church in Kivumu. Local Interahamwe then used bulldozers to knock down the church building. People who tried to escape were hacked down with machetes or shot. Local priest Athanase Seromba was later found guilty of aiding and abeting demolition of the Church and convicted of crime of genocide and crimes against humanity.

Even though both are Christians, that was conflict between two races.

Gitera Rwamuhuzi is one of those who took part in the genocide, said ” .. It was as if we were taken over by Satan. We were taken over by Satan. When Satan is using you, you lose your mind. We were not ourselves. Beginning with me, I don’t think I was normal”.

After all, it was still a sad in the Christianity history and the humanity. Hope this never happens again.

/sgn

15. avatar Miss Indo 07 says:

1ndra said:

“Be Miss Indo 08, and be that one in reality, our new celeb.”

–> Why should I wait? I can be the real miss indo 007, hueheu, but I’m afraid the FPI will blame me if I must wear my swimsuit. :p *sigh* 1ndra, you know it’s so hard to be sexy in our lovely country.

Hassan, I agree with you. 🙂
    No point talking *typing* to Ismail, he won’t understand.

16. avatar Naga says:

Lol, good to see a healthy debate about mythology.

17. avatar Cukurungan says:

Miss Indo 07,

I do not think that by wearing a swimsuit will make you look sexier. Let we learn from “RATU” and “INUL” case. So far I know there was no complaint from FPI or other Moslem hardline group about “RATU” on the stage. Is Ratu on stage less sexier than “Inul on stage”? I do not think so but why so many complaint about “INUL” but none about “RATU”. I think you know the answer better than me.

regards,
    Woman Lover.

18. avatar sgn says:

Is that because RATU prettier than INUL, so FPI or other Moslem hardline group still want to see RATU on-stage?

19. avatar Naga says:

The FPI are nothing more than a closet homosexual group driven by their repressed homosexual desires. They are aggressive towards women becuase they don’t actually find them attractive.

20. avatar Ihaknt says:

naga,

They are thugs for hires. They run amok if they get paid or given lunch. All this in the name of God. Munafik huh?

21. avatar Miss Indo 07 says:

Cukurungan.
    If FPI complain, that’s because they can’t stand seeing it without being h*rny. That’s why.

22. avatar Cukurungan says:

Naga, Ihaknt and Miss 07,

I deeply regreet to say that even the worst FPI men sound much better than your saints do you believe me, if don’t here we go google type below:

Bobo’s World
    Dispatches from the American Heartland.
    Thursday, June 22, 2000

The never-ending chronicle of church-related crime.

23. avatar Ihaknt says:

24. avatar Andrew says:

Cukurungan, we’re not proud of them either – they are all lost.

They may call themselves Christian, but they are not good Christians in reality… noone is defending them here.

I also believe Osama and FPI guys are Muslim, but they are not good Muslims.

25. avatar Dimp says:

Hi Cuk,

Just because you know someone doing criminal acts does not justify you to do the same act as well.

There will be chaos if you can justifiy your criminal acts by comparing to other criminals.

26. avatar Miss Indo 07 says:

Cuk.

“Cuk, so? They’re both are doing bad things in the name of religions. They’re both essentially the same but just covering themselves under different religions.”

I agree with Ihaknt.

Btw Cuk, they aren’t our saint anyway.

Hm, you can see the example of bad person of any religion actually, especially those who always use the religion that he/she believes to attack others, and we can see them in this website also (you know who).

27. avatar James says:

Justice for All? Look how many killed in POSO, Innocent People that Beheaded. Thus Religion and Politics are One, Open up your Mind. Thus God wants War for Our beliefs Christian or Muslim. If we Have Hearts and see how God Created all Equal with Rights. Communist and Terrorism kill People thus your Beliefs are also to kill. No respect of People, Not Love of Brother, and May God Open your Eyes. All those Murder their Brother Will Pay and God is Not Blind who call Him. Allah by Muslim, Can you Feel that Every Person Has Dignity and Life. Look at the Truth, No Peace, No Justice, No Heart, and No Love of Creatures. Will make their way to The Punishment were they Deserve to GO!

Fr: Independent. Baptist Church

28. avatar Potangina says:

HOLY war is not GOD’s will, all they want is peace and love.

Comment on “Poso Jihad”.