Pareidolia

Dec 20th, 2006, in News, by

The fires of the Lapindo gas explosion in Sidoarjo spell out the name of Allah, or a seahorse.

Detik on the 14th informs us that the explosion at the Lapindo gas field in East Java last November, which caused thirteen people to make an early exit from the world, spewed fires that spelled out the Arabic word for God, “Allah”.

The other worldly fires of Lapindo.

Allah in Arabic
“Allah” in Arabic.

An amateur photographer took a photo which displays the majesty of God, says Detik: detik

Allah Maha Besar!

Or it might be the old logo of state oil company Pertamina, a seahorse, Detik says.

Seahorse
Pertamina Seahorse

As blogger Ranwar points out Detik seems to be suffering from a case of pareidolia, delusions based on sense perception.

44 Comments on “Pareidolia”

1. avatar 1ndra says:

Original.

2. avatar Cukurungan says:

Ihaknt, if I take the money for myself you will call me munafik because I already mentioned the richest will go to heaven in the end.

3. avatar Miss Indo 07 says:

yea

4. avatar Mohammed Khafi says:

I feel sorry for those who need to believe that these are signs from Allah.

Just look around yourselves guys, doesn’t all of creation have Gods name written on it? And not just in Arabic! but in a Universal language that anybody of any faith can understand.

5. avatar 1ndra says:

Yes MK, but its great to see the Arabic ones.

6. avatar Mohammed Khafi says:

I wonder how many Christians will be able to see Jesus in this image?

Jesus Christ

And this is 7 lightyears in length!

For the scientific explanation see here Cone Nebula

7. avatar Tomaculum says:

I see gendruwo.

8. avatar Ihaknt says:

Tom, what ever you’re on, give me some! I wanna see genderuwo too 😉 you make me laugh.

9. avatar Olong Olong says:

It seems like a new Daihatsu logo, hey…wait a minute….it’a Allah him self trying to say ‘f#$k’ with his fingers.

10. avatar Tomaculum says:

Happy New Year Ihaknt. Wish you all the best! I’ve seen a gendruwo and he laughed about us.

Oh, ya, happy New Year too to you Patung and all of you in this blog.

11. avatar Hassan says:

Tomaculum: yes, it can be written in any languages. Why Arabic? To verify that the Allah in Quran is the same One with the Writer of those miracles we see on nature.

I said that not to strengthen my belief, but to ask all of us to obeserve the miracles around us. Those signs are reminders of God’s greatness.

Dimp: maybe we don’t need these “blatant” showings. Maybe it’s not always about us. Maybe God wanted to remind us of His greatness, thats all. It is His universe after all.

Ihaknt: i might be “just challenging” or might even be honestly “curious”. One thing for sure, i never intended to insult anyone with a different belief when i asked questions about the signs.

I did said, “…etc naturally written on any object, cause i’m curious.”
    Sorry if my curiosity resulted in such a polemic.

Mohammed Khafi: Honestly, i never saw the picture of Jesus, or prophet Isa a.s. for that matter, so I can’t really tell. It did look like gendruwo to me. 😀

Lastly,
    Season’s greetings to everyone, Xmast, Iedul Adha, new year and all!

12. avatar Tomaculum says:

Hassan,
    I don’t need written messages or warning to see God’s greatness around me.
    I see everyday those signs: the grains of sand before my toes, the wetness of water covering my skin, the whispering of the wind beetwen the leaves singing in my ears.
    He reminds us of His greatness every day, every second in our life. We are so blunted we cannot see those signs any more.

Really? Your interpretation?
    🙂

13. avatar Hassan says:

Tomaculum: That’s what i have been saying, maybe you or anybody else don’t need to see those signs to be reminded of God’s greatness. But if God wanted to show us His signs anyway, who are we to protest?

But anyway, I only wanted to point out that those ‘physical’ signs speaks for themselves.

Comment on “Pareidolia”.